- Smart Classes: Digital smart class has the material from Shem Foundation to class XII science & commerce all subjects according to CBSE. In these modules the concepts are explained with animated figures and diagrams which help the students to understand the matter to easily. It is interesting and helpful n explaining abstract concepts. Teach Next is our digital partner.
- Remedial Classes: Specially arranged for slow learners so as to bring them at par with rest of the class.
- Guidance and Counseling: Through personalized guidance and counseling the various problems of students are handled with love and care so as to bring the desirable changes in their behavior. Career counseling is also be a part from class IX onwards.
- Medical: A regular health check up of children is conducted by a panel of expert doctors, i.e. a dentist, a pediatrician, physician, eye expert and E.N.T.
- Security: School is providing facility of CCTV in each class and corridors. At the gate there are guards who do not allow any outsiders to enter the school premises without Principal’s permission. Students are also not allowed to go out during school hours or to go with any unauthorized person or stranger.
- Teacher Guardian System: Students are under a teacher guardian for the holistic development. As and when required teacher guardian visits the child’s house at last once in 2 months.
- Houses: The whole school from class I onwards is divided into four houses to foster fellow feelings and encouraging healthy competition. The four houses are Shem Red, Shem Blue, Shem Green & Shem Gold.
- Clubs: For the holistic development of a child’s personality the school has set up various clubs – Literary Club, Music, Public Speaking, Debate and Dramatics, Dance, Computer, G.K., Martial Arts, Environment, Outdoor & Indoor Games, Science Club, Art & Craft. These clubs stimulate the creative spirit of students and cultivate the enquiring mind side by side fostering team-work, sharing, mutual respect and space to relax and enjoy.
- Sports: A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. As a school our vision for sports in the long term is to provide thorough training to young generation to ensure maximum participation and substantial winners. Well known sports are being developed in our institution under the guidance of expert instructors. Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Foot Ball, Skating, Cricket, Kho-Kho, Badminton, Table-Tennis, Lawn Tennis etc are progressing well within our school. We provide all the facilities for practicing games & sports in a well organized centre manned by experienced coaches.
- Music: Music is the diet of our soul. It also provides soothing effect to our heart. In our Music department we create an atmosphere of rhythm and beats for the family of Shemford. Our excellent and committed faculty trains the children for classical and western music respectively. The music room is equipped with all the latest musical instruments.
- Dance: Our Dance department comprises of 2 sub departments i.e. Classical and Western dance. Various dance forms viz Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, Folk, Classical & semi classical, Contemporary, Salsa etc are taught to the children by our experienced & qualified professionals. We maintain a separate dance hall equipped with music system.
- Art & Craft: To develop creativity in students separate Art & Craft room is maintained. Qualified teachers train the young hands to develop their aesthetic sense.
- Picnic & Excursions: For all round development of students we organize picnics and educational tours. It develops understanding of children with the external environment and also a chance of first hand learning.
- Oratory Skills: for removing stage fear and developing the public speaking abilities various activities like debate, drama, extempore elocution are organized and children the all rounder personality development.
- Martial Arts: Martial Arts techniques are taught for self defense & for proper utilization of physical energy.
The school organizes various co-curricular activities regularly for pre-primary, primary, middle & senior grades. Different inter house & inter school competitions, different celebrations like Earth day, Mother’s day, Parents day, Janmashtami, Eid, Dussehra, Christmas etc are organized. Along with the above mentioned activities annual activities like- Annual concert, Exhibition, Annual sports meet are organized. The school organizes activities not only for children, but for parents also.
- Kindergarten Area: Well equipped Kindergarten for formation of all cognitive skills of little stars.
- Activity Room: It is child’s paradise with educational toys, fun games, puzzles doll house, ball pool, puppets etc. All toys are made up of non-toxic material
- E-Class: The school is with Teach Next digital multimedia learning solution to make learning easy, interesting & effective.
Library: The learning zone of the school is well equipped with a large number of books for students to develop self-reading habits.
- Science lab: Well equipped according to CBSE norms.
Computer Lab: Latest computers in sufficient numbers so that each child gets an individual PC during practical periods.
- Mathematics Lab: Mathematics is not a subject that can be memorized. It has been established in order to develop higher order thinking skills. Our mathematics lab is Teach Next Math Lab with digital content as well as manipulative. The hands on learning are targeted towards stimulating young minds. It makes the learning of abstract concept easier.
- Social Studies Lab: It is our unique feature. Here various instruments like barometer, thermometer, rain gauge, wind-wane, models related with solar system, day night concept, seasons changing concept are displayed. Here students perform various activities themselves. Historical maps and models are also displayed for better understanding.
- English Language Lab: It is specially designed for English accuracy and fluency. As English is a foreign language so it is necessary that children learn it in an easy manner. It teaches functional use of English with stress on learning of Listening (L), Speaking (S), Reading (R) and writing skills.
- Play Ground: School has a play ground and space for various outdoor games- like Football, Badminton Volleyball, Basketball, Cricket (pitch & net), Kho-Kho, Shooting, Archery etc.
We provide space for physical development and Athletic track for various races.
- Swimming Pool: A swimming pool of international standard has been planned and would be available soon. We believe in the saying Health is Wealth.
- Infirmary: We maintain a well equipped infirmary to care for sick children. A well trained dispensary in charge is always on toes to attend to any emergency. The infirmary in charge can manage first aid sponging etc. as and when required.
- Garden: To develop love for nature and to protect environment the school has developed greenery all around in the campus. On the Earth day (Green day) the Shemford Stars themselves plant saplings and take care throughout the year.
- Water Purifiers: Water purifiers have been installed for providing safe and pure drinking water.
- Washroom: Hygienic, neat & clean washrooms separate for boys & girls with continuous water supply.
- Auditorium: An aesthetically planned multi-purpose auditorium for recreational activities, well equipped with sound and light effects for conducting competitions, assembly, presentations and cultural activities has been planned and would be available soon.
- Canteen: A hygienic canteen is maintained which provides good quality eatables.
The school is having a modern new building comprising of Administrative block, Academic blocks, Lab, Library, Canteen, Performance hall indoor, Stage area (outdoor) etc. The school maintains the standard by providing broad corridors, staircases, ramps, fire safety, safe drinking water etc.
Teachers’ Development Programme
The school is focusing not only on the growth and development of its students but also focuses on teachers’ development as well. Studies have shown that teacher expertise is the single most important factor in determining the student achievement. It is the management who creates a good school but it is a teacher who creates a good class room. Keeping this in mind the school has a teacher development programme. Under this programme the teachers are trained in technology in their subjects, English fluency, methods of teaching, hand writing etc. Teachers also attend residential as well as on line training programme of the Shemford corporate office Delhi. We are determined to have effective teachers in order to increase student achievement to maximum.